Blog Archive

Monday, January 3, 2011

THE SCIENCE OF US, HERE, NOW.

I. Feel Me, Feel You.

There’s a roaring current when my lip touches yours.
I smell a scent that I didn’t know existed in this universe.
Your elbows rest on my knees, and I run my fingers through your hair.
You’re brunette, I think.
It’s hard to tell in this dim, unnervingly, foreign room.
I didn’t know skin could be this smooth, as my hand glides over your shoulder.
And I stare at the ceiling, as I debate the color of your eyes.

II. The Infuriating Reign of Numbness Ended.

There’s a roaring current when my heart touches yours.
I feel something that I didn’t know existed in a human being.
Your fears and insecurities rest on mine, and I lie to make you forget them.
You’re lonely, I think.
It’s hard to tell in this dim, unnervingly, foreign connection.
I didn’t know guilt could feel this good, as my spirit grazes over yours.
And I stare at the ceiling, as I compare you and her.

III. It’s Out There, I Swear.

There’s a roaring current when my soul touches yours.
I imagine what can’t exist but in the ethereal.
Every memory, thought, choice rests on mine, and I don’t know if I can hold it.
You’re lost, I think.
It’s hard to tell in this dim, unnervingly, foreign space.
I didn’t know the outside could break in, as my core sticks to yours.
And I stare at the ceiling, as I try and rip your essence from me.

1 comment: